Andropause, Low T and Bioidentical Hormones
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men in Connecticut
If you’re a man in your 40s or 50s who feels irritable and unwell much of the time, you’re not a perpetual grouch nor are you getting old before your time. Many men experience andropause around this time in life, a condition that mimics menopause in women. The one major difference is that andropause is a much slower and subtler process. You actually starting losing testosterone at a rate of approximately one percent per year when you were around 30 years old. It just took a decade or longer for the symptoms to finally catch up with you.
How to Determine if You Are Dealing with Low Testosterone
While hormone decline is normal as men age, it doesn’t just tap you on the shoulder and announce that it’s here. You must recognize the symptoms and then seek help from Connecticut Male Hormone Replacement Specialists.
Common Symptoms of Male Hormone Decline:
- Weight gain with higher percentage of body fat around the midsection
- Loss of muscle tone
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low libido
- Inability to concentrate
- High cholesterol readings
- Decreased bone strength
Sometimes it’s more difficult for men to explain what is happening to them than it is for women. You just know that you feel an increasing sense of dissatisfaction with your life and you wonder what happened to your old self.
What is Male Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Doctors in Connecticut who offer Hormone Replacement Therapy for men use natural plant byproducts that closely mimic human hormones to help you achieve balance. Perhaps you have visited your doctor complaining of the above symptoms and not felt satisfied with the solutions he or she provided you. Some traditional medical providers don’t even recognize hormone imbalance in men. Others may write you a prescription for a hormone balancing pill that seems to create more issues than it resolves. Male Hormone Replacement Therapy with bioidentical hormones offers you a better solution.
Your doctor completes a comprehensive physical exam and performs a few simple hormone tests to determine your current level of testosterone and other essential hormones. With this information, he or she consults with a local compounding pharmacy in Connecticut to request preparation of your customized bioidentical hormones. Your individual compound may contain some or all of these replacement hormones:
- Testosterone: The primary sex hormone in the male body, testosterone provides you with masculine traits in addition to enabling sexual and reproductive functioning. You may experience more than a dozen symptoms with the decline of testosterone. Male Hormone Replacement Therapy balances your testosterone level to promote optimal emotional and physical health.
- Cortisol: Your body creates this hormone in the adrenal glands to help you manage the stress in your life. When it starts declining due to aging, stress, or poor health, your body may try to convert testosterone, progesterone, and estrogen into cortisol, leaving those hormones deficient and cortisol too plentiful. Connecticut Male Hormone Replace Specialists balance out cortisol levels by introducing other replacement hormones into the body to offset the excess.
- DHEA: DHEA is a precursor hormone to testosterone. That means you must have an adequate amount of DHEA to produce any testosterone at all. Fatigue, a weakened immune system, and loss of muscular strength are often the first indications that DHEA levels are too low. Your Male Hormone Replacement Specialist corrects this problem with bioidentical hormones.
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, which is when your body doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormones, is a common condition in men and women. People describe it as feeling like they are moving in slow motion just watching their life pass by. Hyperthyroidism tends to produce the opposite symptoms. When you have too many thyroid hormones, you frequently feel anxious and keyed up. Determining your current thyroid functioning and treating it with bioidentical hormones is essential to help you feel better, no matter which type of thyroid disorder you have.
Experience the Benefits of Male Hormone Replacement Therapy for Yourself
The symptoms of hormone imbalance can make you feel like the best part of your life is behind you. That simply isn’t true when you rediscover your passion, energy, and contentment with life by balancing your hormones with natural alternatives. We encourage you to contact a provider in Connecticut today to learn more.
Connecticut Male Hormone Replacement Specialists and Low-T Doctors:
Center for Integrative and Age-Management Medicine
24 Taylor Pl.
Westport, Connecticut 06877